OMG! A scuba diving adventure! Finally! I’ve been urging Mahal to try scuba diving since he has been looking at posters when we were in Malapascua last May for Mother’s Day. He likes doing adventurous stuff like me. I’ve tried scuba diving a few times before in my 20s and 30s and after my last stint in Batangas more than 10 years ago, I didn’t dare scuba dive again because though I like going into adventures, my heart sometimes couldn’t take the suspense of it all due to my hypertension. So, I’m happy to just let Mahal do it this time while I take take pictures and videos of him. 🙂
Anyway, before Mahal took his scuba diving lessons last month during Father’s Day, we first enjoyed the dive resort where we stayed — Cebu SeaView Dive Resort which is in Panagsama Beach in Moalboal, a place famous for the sardine run. I joined my diver friends back in 2010-2011 for a sardine run in Pescador Island, also in Moalboal and it has been fun! I wanted Mahal to experience it too and Tuz and I will just enjoy it from above by snorkeling. So that was the plan.
In the meantime, we enjoyed this little dive resort first off the coast of Panagsama, Moalboal in Southwestern Cebu.
Here’s our HONEST and DETAILED review about Cebu SeaView Dive Resort :
Things we liked about Cebu SeaView Dive Resort:
1. Everyone was friendly and accommodating.
2. The manager, Sir Alfonso, gave us pandemic discounts for the room, the scuba diving session, and the photo and video package underwater.
3. Food was yummy.
4. Room, amenities, and the surroundings look clean.
Things that could be improved:
1. Waiting time for the boatman that will bring us to the scuba diving site took so long. We were told that the scuba lessons could start as early as 8am the next day so Mahal did his scuba diving lessons early in the morning which lasted for only half an hour. But the trip to the scuba diving site happened at around 10:30+am. From 8:30am-10:30 am, we were just there by the pool anxiously waiting. I wanted to go to the bathroom or do some work in the room, but because they didn’t anymore advise us about what time the boatman will arrive, we were just there anxiously waiting expecting to immediately board the boat until 2 hours have passed and the boat still wasn’t there. Good thing that the manager allowed us to check out later than 12 noon at no additional cost since it’s their fault anyway that things ran late.
2. Waiting time for the emailing of scuba diving photos and videos took 4 days. We had our scuba diving session on Monday. The photos and videos got sent on a Friday after so many follow-ups. We were already so anxious that we were tempted to give them a bad review about it and report them to the local DOT (Department of Tourism). Good thing it didn’t lead to that.
3. We have just started our vegan-pescatarian journey and their food menu was limited. Hopefully, they can offer more vegetable and fish dishes in the future for the benefit of those looking after their health like us.
All in all, it was a good stay but there are still a few areas for improvement.
I’ve vlogged about the first day of our Cebu SeaView Dive Resort stay. You can watch it here below:
Here are the rest of the photos we took during Day 1 of our stay at Cebu Seaview Dive Resort…
That’s it for Day 1 of our Cebu SeaView Dive Resort stay. Watch out for Day 2 vlog and blog of our scuba diving adventure on my next post!
Here’s Day 2 / Part 2 of our Scuba Diving Adventure >>> DISCOVER SCUBA DIVING: DAY 2 AT CEBU SEAVIEW DIVE RESORT IN MOALBOAL
2 thoughts on “Cebu SeaView Dive Resort Review: Day 1 of our Scuba Diving Adventure in Panagsama Beach, Moalboal”